Skip to main content

Q: Can I use out of state produce under this law?

Full question: Can I buy Colorado peaches and home-can them in Minnesota to sell under this law?

A: The out-of-state limitation is for the production of the canned goods only. So you could buy produce from wherever, but the canning and selling of the product has to occur in Minnesota. Interstate sales of acid and acidified foods fall under federal regulations.
Print Friendly and PDF