Skip to main content

Q: What kind of insurance should I carry?

A: Just like starting any business, there is some risk involved. You should contact your homeowner's insurance company before starting a cottage food business in your home. The law does not protect you from being sued if someone is injured while picking up product or is sickened by a food product they purchase from you. Many cottage food producers add liability insurance as a Special Business Owner or Home-based Business policy.
Print Friendly and PDF