Skip to main content

Q: Can I use the cottage food exemption to process my honey and boil my maple syrup in my home kitchen?

A: Yes. You can use the cottage food exemption and process non-potentially hazardous products  like honey and maple syrup in your home kitchen. This is an option, if you don't have a facility that would meet the good manufacturing practices (GMPs) to process these items under the product of the farm exemption. 

Print Friendly and PDF